National Contingency Plan for Disaster Preparedness and Response
This Plan provides guidelines for disaster preparedness and response at a national level, and it should also serve as a guide for the development of regional contingency plans, which should be aligned with the National Contingency Contingency Plan for Disaster Preparedness and Response. The Plan aims to:
- clarify the relations and responsibilities between the different technical services of the State and the humanitarian partners;
- facilitate the coordination of actions and enable the coherence of sectoral plans;
- identify and reduce the most likely risks;
- provide a general framework for joint planning covering emergency risks;
- integrate the process of prevention, preparedness and response to emergencies into national development plans and programs;
- reduce response times and the number of lives lost.