The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
Mali First NDC (Updated submission), Nationally Determined Contribution from Mali in 2021
This law ratifies the ordinance No. 2020-012/P-RM of March 23, 2020 exempting renewable energy equipment from VAT, import duties and taxes.
The Strategic Framework for Economic Recovery and Sustainable Development (CREDD 2019-2023) operates on 5 axes for development in Mali. The fourth axis guarantees a healthy environment, builds resilience to climate change and focuses on sustainable development. Specific objectives and sub-objectives within this axis are are follows: a) participaroty management of renewable...
Mali. National Communication (NC). NC 3., National Communication from Mali in 2018
This order creates the National Steering Committee, within the Ministry of the Environment, Sanitation and Sustainable Development, for the project "Climate risks and floods management in Mali" to preserve lives and goods. It establishes the compositions and functions of the Committee.
Targets (10)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- 2021 NDC target: Sequestration of 296,483 KtCO2e under mitigation (conditional) scenario and 211,864 KtCO2e under baseline scenario in 2030. Altogether, these emissions reductions and sequestration efforts create an overall reduction of 40% by 2030. From the 2016 INDC: Sequester 84,437 ktCO2e under mitigation scenario (conditional), 29,242 KtCO2e under baseline scenario in 2030; 29% reduction in GHG emissions from agriculture, 31% from energy and 21% from land use and forestry by 2030 compared to the baseline scenarioEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- 10% electricity from renewables (from 3% baseline) by 2022Energy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2022Source: The National Strategy for Biofuel Development, Scaling up Renewable Energy Program (SREP)
- 10% energy from renewables by 2015, then 15% by 2022Energy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2022Source: National Energy Policy
- 70% woodfuel in final energy consumption, then 60% (reduction from 81%) by 2010, 2015 against a 2005 baselineEnergy: Fuels | Target year: 2015Source: National Energy Policy
- Restoration of degraded ecosystems to reforest 325,000 hectaresLULUCF: Land Degradation | Target year: