Decision No. 543/QD-BNN-KHCN: Action Plan on Climate Change Response of Agriculture and Rural Development Sector in the Period 2011-2015 and vision to 2050
- Stabilise, ensure safety for residents of the cities, regions, particularly the Mekong river delta, the Northern delta and the Central coastal zone
- Ensure stable production of agriculture, forestry, fisheries and salt towards low emission orientation and sustainable development
- Ensure food security, maintenance of 3.8m ha of paddy land, of which 3.2m ha with 2 crops per year at least
- Ensure safety of the dike system, civil works, technical and economic infrastructure, that meets the requirements for natural disaster prevention and mitigation
- Keep the sector growth of 20%, poverty reduction rate of 20% and reduction of greenhouse gas emission at 20% in each 10-year period.
The action plan contains seven duties that are to occur, and under each, specifies numerous detailed actions and outputs required.
Reduction of GHG emissions at 20% in each 10-year period in agriculture by 2020 against a 2010 baseline
Forest cover of 42-43% attained in 2010 and 47% by 2020 by 2010, 2020 against a 2010 baseline