Decision no. 523/QD-TTg on approving the Viet Nam’s Forestry Development Strategy in the 2021-2030 period, with a vision to 2050
In pursuit of the general objectives, the Strategy follows specific economic, social, and environmental objectives. The Strategy sets specific targets for these objectives and sets out a more general vision to 2050.
The Strategy also provides future direction for development in specific fields, namely:
- Forestry planning;
- Forest management, protection and conservation of forest biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Forest development;
- Forest use.
Notably, climate considerations are incorporated into forestry planning and forest development;
In addition, direction for future development is given by regions. The potential of wave breaking protection forests, coastal line erosion prevention protection forests and protection of other construction works for climate change responses is recognised for the Mekong River Delta region.
The Strategy recommends different solutions for these tasks. Such are:
- Different mechanisms and policies;
- Awareness raising communication;
- Development, application of science, technologies and forestry promotion;
- Human resource development;
- Building forestry infrastructure, forestry industry and logistics services in a synchronous and modern matter;
- Organisation of production and business;
- Organisation and management of the sector;
- International cooperation;
- Monitoring and Evaluation.
Climate considerations are mainstreamed into scientific research and technological development; human resource development; international cooperations.
The Strategy also delineates the different funding sources for the strategy implementation and puts forward institutional mandates.
Planting production forest: about 340,000 ha/year in 2030