Law No. 90/2015/QH13 on Hydrometeorology
The Law comprises 10 Chapters:
- General provisions
- Management and operation of hydrometeorological station network;
- Hydrometeorological forecasts and warnings;
- Hydrometeorological information and data;
- Climate change monitoring;
- Hydrometeorological services;
- Impacts on weather;
- International cooperation in hydrometeorological activities;
- State administration on hydrometerological activités; and
- Implementary provisions.
While climate change considerations are incorporated into a wide range of provisions across the whole Law, Chapter V is specifically dedicated to climate change monitoring. It outlines subject matters of climate change monitoring (article 33); establishes a climate change monitoring database and defines the data to be included (article 34). Furthermore, it advances subject matters of national climate assessment (article 35); and climate change scenarios (article 36). Lastly, it stipulates that the results of climate change monitoring shall be integrated into strategy, planning and plans (article 37).