Priorities and Action Agenda 2006-2015
- Private Sector Development and Employment Creation;
- Macroeconomic Stability and Equitable Growth;
- Good Governance and Public Sector Reform;
- Primary Sector Development (natural resources and the environment);
- Provision of Better Basic Services, especially in rural areas;
- Education and Human Resource Development; and
- Economic Infrastructure and Support Services.
Within primary sector development, climate change is identified as a key issue and challenge under the area of the environment and disaster management, and the agenda notes that lack of resources is constraining the full implementation of the Environmental Management and Conservation Act. Climate change is also noted as a factor under the need to provide adequate support services (infrastructure and utilities), and the need to build climate change issues into National Development Plans is specifically noted.