United Arab Emirates
UAE’s Hydrogen Leadership Roadmap
The Roadmap comprises three core objectives:
- Unlocking new sources of value creation through exports of low carbon hydrogen, derivatives and products to key importing regions;
- Fostering new hydrogen derivative opportunities through low-carbon steel, sustainable kerosene as well as other priority UAE industries; and
- Contributing to the UAE's 2050 net zero commitments.
The UAE aims to support the low-carbon hydrogen business through five enablers:
- A clear regulatory framework backed by policies, incentives, standards, and certifications;
- Best-in-class technology through value-add partnerships and the UAE domestic research and development structure;
- Access to existing and new Government-to-Government relationships to accelerate growth of a domestic ecosystem;
- Readily available land and infrastructure resources to support domestic production; and
- Green financing within the UAE and in international capital markets.
This information is based on the Emirates News Agency WAM.