- United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
Updated Second Nationally Determined Contribution of the United Arab Emirates, Nationally Determined Contribution from United Arab Emirates in 2022
The UAE's Hydrogen Leadership Roadmap is a comprehensive national blueprint to support domestic low-carbon industries, contribute to the net-zero emissions ambition, and position the country as a competitive exporter of clean hydrogen, as stated in the Updated Second Nationally Determined Contribution of the United Arab Emirates.The Roadmap comprises three core objectives:...
The National Water and Energy Demand Management Programme targets 40 per cent efficiency of the three most energy-consuming sectors in the UAE: transport, industry and construction. The programme includes three main pillars: Energy;Water; and Consumption rationalisation. Several initiatives will be launched to reduce energy consumption and realise the f...
The UAE Sustainable Finance Framework aims to deepen cooperation between the public and private sectors and seeks to create an improved enabling environment to mainstream sustainable finance practices, resulting in greater volumes of climate- and green investments in the UAE. The Framework presents multiple recommendations to mitigate the private sector's risks and to...
United Arab Emirates Second NDC, Nationally Determined Contribution from United Arab Emirates in 2020
Targets (6)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Reduction of 31% in GHG emissions, measured in CO2eq, relative to BAU in 2030. BAU scenario emissions in 2030 are projected to be about 301.2 million tons, assuming a moderate annual linear sector specific growth rate in line with projected economic growth, national circumstance and historical trends. The BAU scenario includes all mitigation measures implemented prior to and during 2016.Economy-wide | Target year: 2030
- By 2050, increase the renewable energy's contribution to the energy mix to 50%Energy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2050Source: National Water and Energy Demand Management Programme
- By 2050, reduce energy demand by 40% compared to BAUEnergy | Target year: 2050Source: National Water and Energy Demand Management Programme
- Reduce CO2 emissions associated with water desalination process by 100 million metric tonsWater | Target year: 2036Source: UAE Water Security Strategy 2036
- 24% clean energy share in the total energy mix by 2021Energy: Energy: General | Target year:
The United Arab Emirates was established in 1971 as a federation of seven emirates – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain. They are governed by a Federal Constitution, which was made permanent in 1996.