Te Kaniva: Tuvalu National Climate Change Policy
It defines seven thematic goals, each containing detailed strategies and subsequent expected outcomes. The goals are:
- Strengthening adaptation actions to address current and future vulnerabilities;
- Improving understanding and application of climate change data, information and site specific impacts assessment to information adaptation and disaster risk reduction programmes;
- Enhancing governance arrangements and capacity to access and manage climate change and disaster risk management finances;
- Developing and maintaining infrastructures to withstand climate change impacts, climate variability, disaster risks and climate change projection;
- Ensuring energy security and a low carbon future for Tuvalu;
- Planning for effective disaster preparedness, response and recovery; and
- Guaranteeing the security of the people of Tuvalu from the impacts of climate change and the maintenance of national sovereignty.
Specific implementation, monitoring and evaluation arrangements are outlined in the National Strategic Action Plan for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management (below).