National Strategic Action Plan for Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management 2012-2016
- Develop nurseries to nurture selected food crop and tree species that are salt and heat tolerant;
- Develop legislation for the Meteorological Services;
- Conduct training for all eight island Kaupule on integrating climate change and disaster risks into Island Strategic Plans;
- Establish building code for climate resilient housing;
- Review and/or develop enabling legislation and regulations to promote and enforce energy efficiency and renewable energy opportunities;
- Review fire safety in all schools, hospital, power stations, key offices and conduct relevant training on equipment use and maintenance; and
- Review and amend Tuvalu's constitution and relevant legislation to address Tuvalu's sovereignty of its EEZ (exclusive economic zone) regardless of projected impacts of climate change.
It also recommends a new National Strategic Action Plan Co-ordinating Committee be established to oversee the implementation of the NSAP.