The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
Tunisia First NDC (Updated submission), Nationally Determined Contribution from Tunisia in 2021
Tunisia. National Communication (NC). NC 3., National Communication from Tunisia in 2019
This decree establishes a management unit to monitor and coordinate activities relating to the implementation of the Paris Agreement. It defines its missions, its organisation and the modalities of its functioning.
This updated strategy sets Tunisia's vision to protect its diversity, notably from the adverse effects of climate change.
Tunisia First NDC (Archived), Nationally Determined Contribution from Tunisia in 2017
Targets (9)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- 2021: The updated NDC raises Tunisia's greenhouse gas emissions mitigation ambitions1, by raising the goal of reducing national carbon intensity to 27% (unconditional) and 45% (conditional) by 2030, compared to its 2010 level. In cumulative terms over the 2021-2030 period, the emission reductions compared to the BaU trajectory will total 87.5 MtCO2. These emission reductions are believed to come predominantly from the energy sector (72%), followed by LULUCF (13%), and industrial processes (9%). The rest of the mitigation results (6%) stem from the low-carbon policy of the waste sector. 2016: 13% (unconditional) to 41% (conditional) reduction in carbon intensity by 2030 compared to 2010Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- A 48% reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in 2030.Energy: Energy Efficiency | Target year: 2030Source: National energy management strategy
- Cumulated savings of 3 million tonnes of oil equivalent (Mtoe) by 2010, 30 Mtoe by 2020 and 80 Mtoe by 2030 by 2010, 2020, 2030 against a 2002 baselineEnergy: Energy Efficiency | Target year: 2030Source: National Sustainable Development Strategy
- 400,000 new hectares of forests and silvo-pastoral plantations by 2011LULUCF: Land Use Change | Target year: 2011Source: National Sustainable Development Strategy
- -30% in primary energy demandEnergy: Energy: General | Target year: