Trinidad and Tobago
Innovation for Lasting Prosperity: Medium Term Policy Framework (MTPF) 2011-2014
- People-centred development
- Poverty eradication and social justice
- National and personal security
- Information and communication technologies
- A more diversified, knowledge intensive economy
- Good governance
- Foreign policy.
Under the 'Sustaining the Transformation' section, climate change is recognized as the key environmental issue. Following initiatives will be undertaken by the MTPF:
- ‘greening' of the Priority Bus Route
- Outfit the police surveillance bays along the Churchill Roosevelt Highway with green technology such as solar lighting
- Mainstream the climate policy into the national development policy framework
- Equip the government offices by the Properties and Real Estate Divisions with green technologies
- Develop Green Government Policy.
Within the same section, below initiatives are proposed for risk management and adaptation to disasters:
- Install a culture of safety, public education and awareness
- Develop a Comprehensive Disaster Management Policy Framework
- An Inter-Ministerial Committee established in 2010 to address the issues of flooding and drainage.