National Action Plan for Haritha Lanka Programme
1. Establish country specific policies and action plans to counter adverse climate change impacts.
2. Promote the use of economically viable, environment friendly, renewable energy resources, with emphasis on non-conventional energy resources.
3. Optimize energy consumption through energy efficiency in enterprises and promoting substitution of fossil fuels by renewable energies in economic and production sectors.
4. Promote supply side & end use energy efficiency.
5. Promote carbon sequestration.
6. Promote Integrated waste management.
7. Identify Infrastructure vulnerability to climate change.
8. Ensure that land use zoning reduces vulnerability to adverse impacts of climate change.
9. Make rain water harvesting at site level mandatory.
10. Take adaptive measures expecting an increase of vectors.
11. Establish Food Security in the face of climate change threats.
12. Develop and adopt energy saving technologies in agriculture
20% increase in renewable energy percentage of national grid, from 4.8% baseline by 2020 against a 2008 baseline