National Strategic Plans for Climate Change Adaptation 2011-2015 and 2016-2020
The National Strategic Plan for Climate Change Adaptation involves the co-ordination and co-operation of 13 government agencies to implement 87 major projects across 10 sectors: public health, disaster management and infrastructure, agriculture, forestry, marine and fisheries, water, eco-system, climate change monitoring and projection, adaptation business and industry, and publication, education and international cooperation.
Key actions for sectors include:
- Public health: establish counter measures to protect the citizen's lives and health environment from heat wave and air pollution
- Disaster management and infrastructure: establish plans for disaster prevention and enforcement of stability of social infrastructure
- Agriculture: adaptation of agricultural production system to climate change
- Forestry: establish plans for forest health improvement and prevention of the forest disasters such as forest fires
- Marine and fisheries: secure stable marine & food product resources and minimize damages from climate change
- Water: establish water response system for the flood and drought
- Ecosystem: secure biodiversity through the identification of climate change sensitive species.