Green Transport Strategy (2018-2050)
Objectives of the document include the following:
- Enabling the transport sector to contribute its fair share to the national effort to combat climate change in a balanced fashion, taking into account the DoT and the sector’s primary responsibility of promoting the development of the efficient integrated transport systems to enable sustainable socio-economic development;
- Promoting behavioral changes towards sustainable mobility alternatives through information, education and awareness raising;
- Engaging the low carbon transition of the sector, to assist with the aligning and developing of policies which promote energy efficiency and emission control measures in all transport modes;
- Minimising the adverse effects of transport activities on the environment, and
- Facilitating the sector’s just transition to climate resilient transport system and infrastructure
The vision of the GTS is to substantially reduce GHG emissions and other environmental impacts from the transport sector by 5% by 2050.