The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
National strategy for coal mining and restructuring in accordance with the principles of a fair transition
This document sets the government's strategy to abandon coal for electricity production by 2033. It addresses the eventual closure of several mines as well as a socioeconomic restructuring of affected regions to offer new jobs.
To benefit from the support of the Recovery and Resilience Facility set up by the EU in the aftermath of the COVID-19-induced economic crisis, Member States submit their recovery and resilience plans to the European Commission. Each plan sets out the reforms and investments to be implemented by end-2026 and Member States can receive financing up to a previously agree...
The National Energy and Climate (ENCP) Plan is a ten-year integrated document mandated by the European Union to each of its member states in order for the EU to meet its overall greenhouse gases emissions targets. The Energy and Climate Plan addresses all five dimensions of the EU Energy Union: decarbonisation, energy efficiency, energy security, internal energy mark...
This decree/ordinance adopts the spending programme of the Climate Change Fund in 2017 and 2018. The Fund resources and its use are detailed in annex.
This strategic framework aims at making Slovenia, by 2050, a society adapted and resilient to climate change impacts and characterised by a high quality of life and a high degree of safety of life, while taking full advantage of the changed climate on the basis of sustainable development. This document presents the measures to strengthen capacities for climate change adapt...
Targets (5)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Net zero by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050
- Net zero commitmentEconomy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: Slovenia's integrated National Energy and Climate Plan
- The European Union and its 28 Member States submitted a joint NDC: at least 40% domestic reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 compared to 1990Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- Increase 1,000,000m3/year of woods for carbon sinking by N/ALULUCF: Afforestation | Target year: 0Source: National Forest Program
- Abandon coal use for electricity power by 2033 and close mines in the country (no specific date for the latter)Energy: Energy supply | Target year: 2033Source: National strategy for coal mining and restructuring in accordance with the principles of a fair transition