The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
This policy aims to achieve gender equality and women empowerment by 2030. It sets out the commitments of the Government of Samoa and its partners to gender equality and provides a common framework to guide, coordinate, monitor and account for all work and investments to realise gender equality and empower all women and girls of Samoa. The seventh priority area of the po...
This document sets the government's vision for socioeconomic development until 2040. It notably seeks to 1) focus investments on increasing resilience to external shocks, "including natural disasters, public health emergencies, and the effects of climate change", 2) advance climate-smart technologies in farming, and 3) improve the resilience of the infrastructure to advers...
This document sets the government's strategy to achieve a sustainable management of the country's ocean and marine resources.
This document aims at enabling a resilient, safe and prosperous medium-term future for Samoa, while meeting the sustainable development goals. It provides the foundations of actions to guide coherence coordination on climate change adaptation and mitigation activities between different institutions and levels of government and supports Samoa to meet its international oblig...
The purpose of this Act is to provide a coherent institutional and regulatory framework for the management, planning and coordination of the energy sector or energy related matters (including renewable energy). It notably charges the National Energy Coordination Committee to develop energy related policies, including policies that promote the development of renewable ...
Targets (22)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Carbon neutrality by 2020Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2020Source: Samoa Energy Sector Plans 2012 - 2016 and 2017-2022
- Samoa aims to reduce overall GHG emissions by 26 percent in 2030 compared to 2007 levels (or by 91 Gg CO2e compared to the new reference year4 once Samoa’s GHG emissions inventory has been updated)Economy-wide | Target year: 2030
- By 2030, air and marine pollution from ships and ports are reduced by 50% compared with 2020 levels of carbon emissions levels.Coastal zones: Coastal Management | Target year: 2030Source: Samoa Ocean Strategy (SOS) 2020-2030
- AFOLU - reduce GHG emissions in the AFOLU sector by 26 percent in 2030 compared to 2007 levels (or by 35.2 Gg CO2e compared to the new reference year once the GHG emissions inventory is updatedLULUCF | Target year: 2030
- Waste - reduce GHG emissions in the waste sector by 4 percent in 2030 compared to 2007 levels (or by 1.2 Gg CO2e compared to the new reference year once the GHG emissions inventory is updatedWaste | Target year: 2030