- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
The Energy Action Plan followed the National Energy Policy in 2010 to specify the government's goals. It explores in particular the possibilities for sustainable energy during 2009 - 2030 and projects the short, medium and long term actions. Notable actions to develop are capacity building, interconnection, financial incentives including feed-in tariffs, a reduced fuel con...
The Geothermal Resources Development Act was published in 2015 to foster the use of geothermal resources in the national energy matrix. The Act establishes the National Energy Committee to formally rule over the developments in the sector. It designates the relevant Minister to declare a given portion of land to be exploited for its geothermal potential. Valid permitting a...
The National Economic and Social Development Plan is a broad document developed through public participation and setting the government's vision for national development over the period 2013-2025. The Plan outlines a strategy to achieve sustainable economic growth, job creation, and poverty reduction. Goals formulated in the Plan include an improved physical infrastructure...
The National Energy Policy (NEP) was released in 2009 mainly to promote sustainable energy production and use. The government acknowledges the central role of energy in poverty reduction, the importance of security of supply and of controlling carbon emissions. The Policy encourages a liberalisation of the energy market and a shift towards local renewable resources. The do...
Targets (6)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- 22% reduction in GHG emissions by 2025 compared to the BAU scenarioEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2025
- Reduce projected electricity generation by 5% by 2015 and 15% by 2020 by 2015, 2020 against a 2010 baselineEnergy: Energy Efficiency | Target year: 2020Source: Energy Action Plan
- 30% of electricity from renewable sources by 2015, and 60% by 2020Energy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2020Source: Energy Action Plan
- Reduce projected consumption of fossil fuels in the transport sector by 10% by 2015 and 15% by 2020 by 2015, 2020 against a 2010 baselineTransportation: Fuels | Target year: 2020Source: Energy Action Plan
- -15% in electricity consumption below BAU by 2025Energy: Energy: General | Target year: 2025