Decree 2,794: National Development Plan 2030
This Decree approves the National Development Plan 2030. The PND Paraguay 2030 is a strategic document that will facilitate the coordination of actions in the sectoral instances of the executive power, as well as with different levels of government, civil society, private sector and, eventually, the Legislative and Judicial branches. The Plan sets Climate change mitigation as one goal of global insertion for the country. The Plan further aims at making Paraguyan's economic production sustainable. Adaptation to climate change is also pursued through the following goals:
- Restore at least 20 % of degraded ecosystems.
- Increase national income from the sale of environmental services (credits by carbon sinks).
- Reduce recovery costs in the event of disasters caused by climatic effects.
- Exploit aquifers based on environmental plans duly monitored.
- Increase the coverage of forest areas and protected biomass (% coverage) forest and % weighted by global biomass).
Decrease in 20% the share of fossil fuels in annual total energy use by 2030 against a 2013 baseline
Increase in 60% the share of renewables in annual total energy use by 2030 against a 2013 baseline