The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
This document aims to foster the production and use of hydrogen, especially in the transport sector.
Law 6676/2020 prohibiting the activities of transformation and conversion of areas with forest cover in the Eastern Region
This law aims to regulate the protection, recovery and improvement of the native forest in the Eastern Region so that the forest fulfils its environmental, social and economic functions, contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of the country.
This strategy was approved by Resolution 293/2019. It aims to enable the long-term sustainable development of forests in Paraguay.
Law no. 5875/17 on Climate Change establishes a normative framework in Paraguay for mitigation and adaptation, in line with its adhesion to the Paris Agreement and the National Development Plan. It aims in particular at implementing actions that reduce the country's vulnerabilities to climate change and actions which allow to reduce its greenhouse gases emissions. These ac...
This decree implements the country's energy policy. The strategic vision of the policy is to respond satisfactorily to the population and productive sectors energy needs, while respecting socio-environmental and efficiency criteria. One of the main objective of the policy is to use hydro, biomass and other renewable resources to attend the demand. The document lists a numb...
Targets (7)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Paraguay re-establishes its commitment to reduce 20% of the projected emissions by 2030, according to the BAU (Business as usual) scenario, which corresponds to 10% conditioned to the international support and the other 10% to unconditional fractions, based on national resources. From 2016 iNDC: 10% (unconditional) to 20% (conditional) reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 relative to projected emissionsEconomy-wide | Target year: 2030
- Decrease in 20% the share of fossil fuels in annual total energy use by 2030 against a 2013 baselineEnergy: Fuels | Target year: 2030Source: Decree 2,794: National Development Plan 2030
- 100% of solid biomass products to be used with certification at the sixth year of regulationEnergy: Renewable Energy: Biofuels | Target year: 0Source: Decree 4056 to establish regimes for sustainable use of bioenergy resources
- Energy intensity targetEnergy: Energy Intensity | Target year: 0Source: Decree 6092/2016: Energy Policy of the Republic of Paraguay
- Increase in 60% the share of renewables in annual total energy use by 2030 against a 2013 baselineEnergy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2030Source: Decree 2,794: National Development Plan 2030