The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
Panama. Biennial update report (BUR). BUR 2. National inventory report., National Inventory Report from Panama in 2021
Panama. Biennial update report (BUR). BUR2., Biennial Update Report from Panama in 2021
Panama First NDC (Updated submission), Nationally Determined Contribution,Adaptation Communication from Panama in 2020
Executive Decree No.100 of October 20th, 2020 that regulates the Mitigation Chapter of the General Environment Law (Approved)
This decree regulates chapter II of Title Vof the single text of law 41 of july 1, 1998,The General environmental law of the Republic of Panama, on the mitigation of global climate change. It creates a national carbon footprint reduction program and provides for the management and monitoring of low-carbon economic and social development in the Republic of Panama among othe...
This resolution makes a preliminary version of Panama's plans for the Energy Transition Agenda available to the general public. The plan is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. The document focuses on programs associated with behaviour changes by energy consumers and aims to ensure that all consumers are protected in the course of a fair and equitable transition...
Targets (17)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Carbon-neutrality by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: Executive Decree No.100 of October 20th, 2020 that regulates the Mitigation Chapter of the General Environment Law (Approved)
- net zeroEconomy-wide | Target year: 2050
- Increase in reforested areas of 1 million hectares by 2030 against a 2017 baselineLULUCF: Afforestation | Target year: 2030Source: Law 69/2017 creating an incentive programme for forest cover and the conservation of natural forests
- 1 million hectares of forests will be established by 2050LULUCF | Target year: 2050Source: National Strategy for Climate Change 2050 (Executive Decree 34/2019)
- 30% of electricity generation will be renewable by 2050, with an interim target of 15% by 2030Energy | Target year: 2050Source: National Strategy for Climate Change 2050 (Executive Decree 34/2019)