The National Adaptation Plan traces the road map for Palestine's adaptation strategy for climate change by 1) Assessing historic trends in climate (temperature, rainfull, etc.), 2) Identifying high prirority sectors (the top four being Agriculture, Coastal & Marine, Industry and Food 3) Projecting possible future scenarios and identifying adaptation measures to achieve...
This document sets Palestine's agricultural strategy over the period 2017-2022. It defines overarching goals and sectoral objectives. The document notably seeks to increase resilience to climate change, by 1) developing resources and policies for the Risk Prevention and Agricultural Insurance Fund and 2) promoting innovation and adaptive solutions. Further specific object...
The Legislative Decree no 14/2015 encourages alternative and clean energy resources. The Decree's objectives are to increase 1) the development of renewable energy production, and 2) energy efficiency in all sectors, including for local manufacturing firms. The decree grants the Energy and Natural Resources Authority comprehensive powers. It also specifies the terms of re...
The Legislative Decree regulates the industrial sector, notably through licenses being granted by the Ministry of Economy. Article 18 stipulates that a priority is given to award additional incentives to companies that protect the environment and use renewable energy resources.
The law no 2 of 2003 aims at enabling the sustainable use of natural resources, the agricultural capital, and forestry and forest trees. The law also aims at preventing the decline in the production value of land uses due to climate change and humanitarian activities. Article 2 defines the Ministry's powers, including the preparation of sustainable agricultural developmen...
Targets (17)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- 2021 update: 26.6% emissions reduction by 2040 relative to business-as-usual in independence scenario, 17.5% emissions reduction by 2040 relative to business-as-usual in status quoEconomy-wide | Target year: 2040
- 12.8% (status quo) to 24.4% (independence) reduction in GHG emissions by 2040 compared to the BAU scenarioEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2040
- Generation of 20%-33% of electricity using solar PVEnergy: Renewable Energy: Solar | Target year:
- Municipal solid waste used as a substitution of 20% of coal in cement production.Waste: Recycling, Reuse, Reduce | Target year:
- Municipal solid waste used as a substitution of 20% of coal in cement production.Industry: Cement | Target year: