The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
The Action Plan for 2020-23, adopted by the Government in December 2019, sets out the government's agenda until 2023. Section 9.8 of the Plan is focused on strengthening the legal framework for air protection and climate change. It sets out a package of legislative measures to be designed and adopted during the period, including a low emission development strategy.
The National Development Strategy "Moldova - 2030" is a strategic vision document that indicates the direction of development of the country and society in the next decade based on the principle of the human life cycle, his rights and quality of life, and which includes the following four pillars of sustainable development: a sustainable and inclusive economy, reliable hum...
This law implements the EU Directive 2012/27/EU in Moldova. It creates the legal framework for regulation of energy efficiency in both energy supply and use.
This law creates the framework for the application of Directive 2009/28 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009 on the promotion of energy from renewable sources. The law mandates a new centralised specialist body to develop a national plan to achieve renewable energy targets drawn from the Directive, as well as making provision for a number of ...
Decision no 274 of May 18th, 2015, approves the Strategy on Biological Diversity of the Republic of Moldova for the period 2015-2020. The Strategy identifies climate change as a direct threat to biodiversity (section 3, 24.) and charges the government to study climate change effects on biodiversity and how it adapts to it. It further seeks to 1) develop technologies to im...
Targets (20)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- 20% GHG emissions reduction by 2020Economy-wide | Target year: 2020Source: Environmental Strategy for 2014-2023
- 64-67% (unconditional) and up to 78% (conditional) reduction in GHG emission in 2030 compared to 1990Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- -20% emissions from buildings, industry and agriculture by 2020 compared to BAUAgriculture: Agriculture: General | Target year: 2020
- To reduce at least by 50% the climate change risks and facilitate climate change adaptation in six priority sectors by 2020.Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2020Source: Decision no. 1009 of 10.12.2014 approving the Climate Change Adaptation Strategy by 2020
- -25% emissions from power production sector by 2020 below BAUEnergy: Energy: General | Target year: 2020