The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
To benefit from the support of the Recovery and Resilience Facility set up by the EU in the aftermath of the COVID-19-induced economic crisis, Member States submit their recovery and resilience plans to the European Commission. Each plan sets out the reforms and investments to be implemented by end-2026 and Member States can receive financing up to a previously agreed allo...
This plan enables a 6.3 billion euro stimulus package that invests in human capital, the digital economy, innovation and research, economic infrastructure, and climate change and energy.
The National Energy and Climate (ENCP) Plan is a ten-year integrated document mandated by the European Union to each of its member states in order for the EU to meet its overall greenhouse gases emissions targets. The Energy and Climate Plan addresses all five dimensions of the EU Energy Union: decarbonisation, energy efficiency, energy security, internal energy mark...
The National Strategy for the National Climate Change Management Policy is drafted according to Articles 3 and 4 of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Financial Instruments for Climate Change Management (Official Gazette, No 87-3662, 2009). The Strategy implements the EU Climate Change and Energy Package. The overall vision of the Strategy is that "by 2050, Lithuania ...
Resolution no 569 officially approves the National Forest Sector Development Programme for 2012-2020. The Programme aims at protect forests, the quality of related environments and biodiversity. It notably seeks to preserve the country's forests ability to store carbon.
Targets (17)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Net zero by 2050 including up to 20% removalsEconomy-wide | Target year: 2050
- 20-30% cut in GHG emissions by 2020 compared with a 1990 baselineEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2020Source: Strategy for the National Climate Change Management Policy until 2050
- No more than 15% growth in baseline GHG emissions by 2020 compared with a 2005 baselineEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2020Source: Strategy for the National Climate Change Management Policy until 2050
- Climate neutrality by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: National Energy and Climate Plan of the Republic of Lithuania for 2021-2030
- In non-ETS sectors, GHG emissions must be reduced at least by 9 per cent compared to 2005. Economy-wide: GHG | Target year: 2030Source: National Energy and Climate Plan of the Republic of Lithuania for 2021-2030