Climate Change Laws of the World will soon be upgraded to be AI powered, see full announcement
Liechtenstein flag

Climate Strategy 2050

legislation type Executive
Passed in 2022
This document sets out Liechtenstein's climate strategy to 2050. This includes:

  • Reaching net zero by 2050;
  • By 2030, 50% GHG emissions reduction compared to 1990 levels. 40% are to be reduced domestically, 10% abroad; and
  • By 2050, reduce domestic emissions by 90% compared to 1990 levels. The remaining 10% are to be compensated.

The Strategy prioritises the energy sector. Compared to 1990 levels, emissions must be reduced by 50% by 2030, and completely by 2050. 

For the compensation of remaining emissions, the Strategy mentions carbon sinks such as forests and moors. It further announces monitoring the development of negative emissions technologies.

Lastly, the Strategy touches on emissions abroad which are to be reduced as well. 


  • Net zero by 2050
    Economy-wide | Fixed level target | Target year: 2050 | Base year:
from the Grantham Research Institute
from the Grantham Research Institute
Publication banner
Climate Change Laws of the World uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies >>