The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
This strategy was initiated and approved by Lebanon's Ministry for the Environment. It aims at reducing emissions and exposure to harmful air pollutants, including greenhouse gases.
Decree No. 167/2017 to determine the minutes of application of Article 20 of the Law on Environmental Protection No.444 of 2002
This decree notably grants preferential taxation levels to environmentally-friendly activities that include the renewable energy industry and other activities favouring energy efficiency.
The National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) is a broad document setting Lebanon's quantitative objectives of renewable energy penetration in the energy supply market. It details sectoral plans for wind, large-scale and household solar (photovoltaic, concentrated and water heater), hydro, geothermal and biomass (including waste-to-energy). For ...
The National Energy Efficiency Action Plan is a mid-term vision determining horizontal and sectoral policies and targets to improve energy efficiency in the country. It focuses in particular on primary energy savings (in the generation, transmission, and distribution sectors of the Lebanese power network) and end-use measures (in the buildings; industry, SMEs, agriculture;...
The Lebanese National Forest Plan (NFP) 2015-2025 constitutes the main forestry policy instrument that is being used by the ministry of Agriculture over the decade. The NFP details the government's interventions aimed at fostering sustainable management, coordination and cooperation mechanisms among both the public and private sectors. Th...
Targets (5)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- 15% (unconditional) to 30% (conditional) reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 compared to the BAU scenarioEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- 12% renewable energy by 2020Energy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2020Source: National Energy Efficiency Action Plans (2011-2015, 2016-2020 )
- 20% of the power and heat demand from renewables by 2030Energy: Renewable Energy | Target year: 2030
- -10% in power demand through energy-efficiency measures in 2030 below BAUEnergy: Energy Efficiency | Target year: 2030
- Lebanon aims to reach land degradation neutrality by 2030.LULUCF: Sustainable Forest Management | Target year: 2030