Thermal account, incentive schemes set up by Ministerial Decree No 12/2012
The scheme is addressed to public authorities and to private parties i.e. individuals, condominiums, businesses and farms. GSE (Energy Service Operator) is in charge of implementing and managing the scheme. It also awards, disburses and revokes incentives and it is in charge of monitoring and checks.
ENEA (National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development) assists GSE in preparing the technical rules for implementing the decree and takes part in the verifications. It also provides specialist assistance to GSE in monitoring activities and, again in cooperation with GSE, draws up an annual report.
The Thermal Account supports the following energy efficiency actions implemented by public authorities:
- thermal insulation of walls
- replacement of windows
- installation of screening and shading systems
- replacement of heating systems with condensing boilers
- It also support production of heat from renewable sources:
- replacement of heat generators with electrical and gas heat pumps, including heat pumps for the production of sanitary hot water
- replacement of heat generators with biomass-fed heat generators, heating fireplaces and
- installation of solar thermal collectors and solar cooling systems
The maximum power limit in order to qualify for the incentive is 1,000 thermal kW or 1,000m2 of surface area for thermal solar systems. In the case of energy efficiency actions, an expenditure ceiling has been set for each type of action.