The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
This document sets out Guinea's vision and objectives for action on climate change, concerning both mitigation and adaptation.The strategy is centred around 9 strategic axes:1. Promotion of measures to reinforce climate resilience2. Promotion of sectoral measures to limit greenhouse gas emissions3. Capacity building4. Promotion of technology transfer and adoption 5. I...
This law sets out institutional arrangements, objectives and principles for the management of the environment in Guinea.Title 6 makes specific provisions regarding climate change. It imposes an obligation on the state to take action to limit climate change and its impacts through the creation of a National Adaptation strategy and the promotion of measures relating to renew...
This document sets out Guinea's development strategy. Axis five of the strategy is focused on the energy transition but it also contains a number of other climate related goals:Objective 1.6 To develop sustainable financeThis includes a section on developing climate finance mechanismsObjective 2.3 To make quality water available for all and promote its sustainable useThis ...
The Forest Code, enshrined into law by the ordinary law L/2017/060/AN, provides to the national forests a status of national interest (art. 2). Their protection and sustainable management must therefore be ensured. Art. 14 states that the Forestry Administration is responsible for implementing any measures necessary for the protection, sustainable development of Guinean f...
The 2016-2020 National Economic and Social Development Plan (PNDES) constitutes the second generation of plan. It aims to operationalise over the period 2016-2020, the Vision of an emerging and prosperous Guinea by 2040.
Targets (23)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Non LULUCF: unconditional objective (CDN) of 2,056 ktCO2eq / year, i.e. 9.7% reduction in emissions in 2030 compared to the trend scenario, i.e. growth in emissions of 5% per year over the period 2020-2030. The conditional objective (CDN +) is set at 3,929 ktCO2 eq / year, i.e. 17.0% compared to the trend scenario, i.e. emissions growth of 4% per year over the period 2020-2030. From 2016 iNDC: 13% reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 compared to 1994, excluding Land-Use Change and Forestry (LUCF)Economy-wide | Target year: 2030
- LULUCF: Excluding reforestation actions (absorptions not taken into account), the Republic of Guinea sets its unconditional objective (CDN) at 20% reduction of its gross emissions in 2030 compared to the trend scenario. The conditional target (CDN +) stands at 49% compared to the trend scenario.LULUCF | Target year: 2030
- Objective 6.4: Ensure regional integration in the area of development By 2040, the value of trade with neighboring countries increases from 3% to 30%.Economy-wide | Target year: 2040Source: National Sustainable Development Strategy (NSDS) of Guinea
- Objective 1.4: Reform private and informal sector governance and informal sectors to support green economic growth growth By 2040, the GDP growth rate is above 10% and the share of processed products in exports processed products in exports increases from 7.5% to 20%.Economy-wide | Target year: 2040Source: National Sustainable Development Strategy (NSDS) of Guinea
- Objective 5.3: Promote the electrification of rural areas and fight against energy insecurity By 2040, the rate of access to electricity increases from 24.7% in 2015 to 100%.Energy | Target year: 2040Source: National Sustainable Development Strategy (NSDS) of Guinea