National Climate Change Policy for Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique (2017-2021)
1) Strengthen institutional structure to support coordination, mainstreaming and implementation of climate change adaptation and mitigation action, along with the systematic integration of climate change adaptation into development policies, plans, programmes, projects, budgets and processes.
2) Build climate resilience in the following priority thematic areas: water supply and sewage management; ‘agriculture, agri-business and food security’39; biodiversity and ecosystems; human health and coastal zone management.
3) Facilitate climate smart (low carbon, climate resilient) infrastructure location, planning, design and maintenance, sustainable land management and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the electricity, transport, waste and forestry sectors.
4) Integrate disaster risk management and climate change adaptation, and support funding applications for disaster risk management activities.
5) Strengthen institutional arrangements for the collection, storage, analysis, sharing and use of climate, GHG emission and pollutant/chemical data and information to inform evidence-based decision making.
6) Improve citizens’ awareness of the causes, impacts and appropriate responses to climate change, so that they are in a better position to take independent action and support relevant public policies, and state and non-state activities.
7) Access climate technologies for mitigation and adaption along with capacity building. Increase external climate finance support to Grenada’s adaptation and mitigation process.
8) Advocate for international action on climate change through foreign policy.