Federal Government Charging Infrastructure Master Plan
The main stipulations for the expansion of the charging point infrastructure are, within the framework of the available budget funds:
- One million public-access charging points by 2030 with corresponding funding programmes by 2025,
- Promotion of shared private and commercial charging infrastructure,
- Creation of good framework conditions so that the distribution network operators can invest in the intelligence and controllability of the networks and expand their network with foresight,
- Establishment of a "National Charging Infrastructure Control Centre" for a coordinated ramp-up of the charging infrastructure,
- Creation of a charging infrastructure master plan in 2019.
With the master plan, the Federal Government will increase the development of the charging infrastructure together with the industry and with the participation of the federal states and municipalities. In the two years following the introduction of this plan, 50,000 publicly accessible charging points should be built. The automotive industry will contribute at least 15,000 additional public charging points by 2022. The energy industry has also announced further efforts and will meet with the responsible ministers before the end of 2019. The locations of the charging points will be coordinated with the federal government.