The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
This climate change act was approved by parliament on September 23, 2021, and will come into force as soon as published in the Gazette. It sets the legal framework to enable the country's mitigation, adaptation and disaster risk management actions.Article 6 recognises and declares that Fiji and the Earth are facing a climate emergency. The document establishes the Na...
This document aims at defining pathways to achieve low emission development in Fiji until 2050. The strategy lays out sectoral targets for decarbonisation, determines the government's strategy for adaptation and resilience, examines opportunities for green jobs, aims to foster education and raise awareness, and determines how the implementation of this strategy will be ens...
This document provides guidance for the Government of the Republic of Fiji and all other stakeholders present in Fiji to consider planned relocation solutions for the affected communities as part of their adaptation strategies in relation to environmental change, and disasters due to climate change related slow-onset events occurring on the territory of Fiji.
This National Adaptation Plan has been endorsed by the Fijian government and has been prepared by national policymakers in coordination with a group of international actors. It contains 160 adaptation ,easures to be prrioritised over five years.
The National Climate Change Policy is a central policy instrument to protect Fiji's development priorities from current, future and intergenerational climate change risks. The NCCP articulates national climate adaptation and mitigation objectives and strategies. The purpose of NCCP is to provide the high-level guidance, principles, institutional architecture and ...
Targets (63)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Net-zero by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: Climate Change Act 2021
- Target net-zero by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: Fiji Low Emission Development Strategy 2018-2050
- Around 30% reduction in CO2 emissions from the energy sector by 2030 compared to the BAU scenarioEconomy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- 30% of Fiji’s internal waters, archipelagic waters, territorial seas, contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone be a marine protected area by 2030.Other | Target year: 2030Source: Climate Change Act 2021
- Marine protected area target, which is for 30% of Fiji’s internal waters, archipelagic waters, territorial seas, contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone to be designated as a marine protected area by 2030Coastal zones | Target year: 2030Source: Climate Change Act 2021