- European Union
This Plan was released by Commission President von der Leyen. It aims to enhance the competitiveness of Europe's net-zero industry and support the fast transition to climate neutrality. It is a preliminary of the proposed Net-Zero Industry Act and the Critical Raw Materials Act, and an unofficial response to the USA's Inflation Reduction Act.
Directive (EU) 2022/2464 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 December 2022 amending Regulation (EU) No 537/2014, Directive 2004/109/EC, Directive 2006/43/EC and Directive 2013/34/EU, as regards corporate sustainability reporting (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive)
This Directive amends the previous directive governing the reporting of non-financial information in financial disclosures. It extends the scope of reporting obligations to a much wider set of companies headquartered or operating in the European Union. They new obligations will apply from the 2024 financial year.The Directive requires member states to introduce measures to...
Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 on prudential requirements for credit institutions as amended (Capital Requirements Regulation)
According to article 1, the Capital Requirements Regulation lays down uniform rules concerning general prudential requirements that institutions, financial holding companies and mixed financial holding companies supervised under Directive 2013/36/EU shall comply with in relation to the following items:(a) own funds requirements relating to entirely quantifiable, uniform an...
Commission Regulation (EU) 2022/X amends Regulation (EU) 2017/2400 as regards the determination of the CO2 emissions and fuel consumption of medium and heavy lorries and heavy buses and to introduce electric vehicles and other new technologies.
Regulation (EU) 2022/869 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2022 on guidelines for trans-European energy infrastructure
As stated in article 1, this regulation lays down guidelines for the timely development and interoperability of the priority corridors and areas of trans-European energy infrastructure (energy infrastructure priority corridors and areas) set out in Annex I that contribute to ensuring climate change mitigation, in particular achieving the Union’s 2030 targets for energy and...
Targets (57)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Net zero -This Regulation sets out a binding objective of climate neutrality in the Union by 2050.Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2050Source: Regulation (EU) 2021/1119 establishing the framework for achieving climate neutrality (European Climate Law)
- net zero by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: The European Green Deal
- Reduction of GHG emissions of at least 55 % compared to 1990 levels by 2030Economy-wide | Target year: 2030Source: Regulation (EU) 2021/1119 establishing the framework for achieving climate neutrality (European Climate Law)
- Reduction of EU GHG emissions by at least 30% below 1990 levels by 2020Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2020Source: 2020 Climate and Energy Package (contains Directive 2009/29/EC, Directive 2009/28/EC, Directive 2009/31/EC and Decision No. 406/2009/EC of the Parliament and the Council ; see below)
- In 2020, the target is for the emissions from the ETS sectors to be 21% lower than in 2005Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2020Source: 2020 Climate and Energy Package (contains Directive 2009/29/EC, Directive 2009/28/EC, Directive 2009/31/EC and Decision No. 406/2009/EC of the Parliament and the Council ; see below)