ES' National Plan for Adaptation to Climate Change (NAP)
• The national plan for adaptation to climate change is part of the fulfillment of the Sustainable Development Goals, the National Plan for Climate Change and the Nationally Determined Contributions.
• The formulation of the plan must consider different approaches: gender, multi-ethnic groups, generational.
• Establish and strengthen institutional, sectoral and local capacities to achieve adaptation to climate change.
• The plan must be approached from a sectoral and territorial perspective, since it is precisely in the territories where the impact of climate change is felt, with the effects on the populations and resources that cohabit there.
• Empowerment of the national adaptation plan and its sectoral plans involving the different sectors and the population in general, and especially vulnerable groups, for which a participatory approach is established, and with a “bottom-up” construction scheme. ”, through consultation and validation processes. This participation must involve municipalities, government institutions and agencies, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, academia, and other relevant sectors.
• The national plan and the sectoral and intersectoral plans must be constituted in an integrated set of measures that allow generating climate resilience in El Salvador.