Presidential Decree No 17/2015 amending Investment Law No 8/1997
Tax incentives provided for by the Decree include:
- Reducing sales tax from as high as 10% to 5%;
- Setting low customs duties on equipment used for energy production at 2%.
Additional non-tax incentives offered to energy producers are:
- Refunding the expenses paid to extend infrastructure facilities to the project's land (e.g. grid connection);
- Subsidising training programs and social insurance for employees;
- Allocating government-owned land at discounted prices or free of charge.