Cyprus’ Integrated National Energy and Climate Plan
The plan establishes 'key policy planning priorities' with specific measures :
1) GHG emissions and removals : promotion of natural gas and RES, reduction of emissions in the transport, agricultural and waste sector, increasing carbon sinks and improving energy efficiency in building and infrastructure;
2) Renewable energy sources : promotion of synergies with other sectors (Energy Efficiency, Waste, Security of supply) to promotion RES in all energy sectors, support schemes for RES to participate in the Electricity Market, etc;
3) Energy efficiency : energy efficiency obligation scheme for energy distributors, implementation of information and education measures, etc;
4) Security of supply : increasingthe flexibility of the national energy system
5) Internal Energy market : promotion of electricity interconnectivity of Cyprus via the project of common interest EuroAsia Interconnector, etc;
Reduce emissions in the non-ETS sectors by 20.9% compared to 2005.
Reduce emissions in ETS sectors by 24.9% compared to 2005.
Share of RES in gross final energy consumption to reach 23%.
Share of RES in gross final electricity consumption can reach at least 26%.
Share of RES in heating and cooling to reach 39%.
Share of RES in the transport sector to reach 14%.
Final Energy Consumption of 2.0 Mtoe in 2030, representing 13% reduction in final energy consumption.
Primary Energy Consumption of 2.4 Mtoe in 2030, representing 17% reduction in primary energy consumption.
To reduce the total greenhouse gas emissions by 30 % by 2030 compared to 2005.