National Strategy for Environmental Education 2010-2015
1. Consolidate environmental education for sustainable development, through institutional strengthening, both governmental and non-governmental, and the assurance of the financial frameworks necessary to carry out programs and projects that allow the development of an environmental culture in the population.
2. Develop the initial and continuous training of educators, communicators, environmental promoters and other human resources as a basic condition to raise the quality of the processes of formation of knowledge and behaviors in the citizenship that favor their active contribution to the sustainable development of the country .
3. Develop research in environmental education for sustainable development, which ensures the construction of a theoretical methodological model suitable for the socio-economic development of Cuba and the mechanisms for evaluating the progress of educational processes, as well as the dissemination of information. best practices and experiences.
4. Reach higher levels in the formation of values, knowledge and capacities in citizenship for conscious and active participation in the protection of the environment and sustainable development, through the basic structures of social organizations and other spaces. of citizen participation created by the Revolution.
5. Consolidate the environmental education processes in the Central State Administration Bodies, in government instances, in national programs and environmental management projects, as well as in prioritized ecosystems, so that they contribute to the solution or mitigation of environmental problems in the sphere of its competence.
6. Strengthen the environmental communication processes for the development of capacities in the communication media, communities and institutions that contribute to the sensitization and awareness of the Cuban population.