Five-year plan on the National Agricultural and Rural Science and Technology Development (2021-25)
This document sets the government's sectoral development strategy over five years. It notably seeks to increase resilience, reduce risks on output, improve fertiliser and plastic usage. It defines a number of targets, including an expansion of grain and meat production. The following clauses are of specific relevance for climate change action:
- it aims to develop avenues to produce cultivated meat
- monitoring of disasters notably caused/amplified by climate change will be performed. The disasters cited are crop diseases, pests, weeds, rats, livestock and poultry, and aquatic diseases.
- recycling and use of agricultural waste (including manure) should be enhanced.
- Water-saving technologies should be developed.
- develop low-energy sprinklers and drip irrigation for field crops