The annually published Global Climate Risk Index analyses to what extent countries have been affected by the impacts of weather-related loss events (storms, floods, heat waves etc.).Published by German Watch https://www.germanwatch.org/en/cri
This document lays out the government's plan to develop renewable energy in Chad, based on a range of studies on their potential in the country. The document focuses on off-grid systems as well as on larger scale power plants, and hybrid systems coupled with batteries or diesel generators.
This document aims at the sustainably integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation issues into national development policies, and effectively coordinate the convergence of climate initiatives in the country. It sets five goals: 1) strengthen the resilience of agro-sylvo-pastoral production systems; 2) promote climate change mitigation actions; 3) Pr...
This document provides the strategic framework that underpinning the operational planning in Chad's National Development Plans. This framework comprises 4 axes: strengthening national unity; strengthening good governance and the rule of law; developing a diversified and competitive economy; and improving the quality of life of the Chad people.
The NPD 2017-2021 aims to set Chad towards an economic emerging trend, enhance human development factors, and strengthening governance. The core objectives of the Plan are formulated as following: 1) strengthening national unity; 2) strengthening good governance and the rule of law; 3) the development of a diversified and competitive economy; and 4) improving the quality o...
Action Plan for the implementation of the National Framework for Climate Services in Chad (CNSC, 2016-2020)
This document provides the results of an assessment of the needs and capacities for climate services in the country. It focuses on agriculture and food security, water resources, health, management of natural risks and disasters, energy and transport have been targeted for optimal results.Four essential levers of action are identified in the plan: 1) the production of clim...
Targets (6)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- This NDC provides for the cumulative reduction of GHG emissions by 2030 to 88,350 kt CO2eq (unconditional and conditional measures) with an overall mitigation target of 19.3% compared to the reference scenario. The unconditional scenario leads to a minimal reduction of 0.5% in 2030 compared to the reference scenario.Economy-wide | Target year: 2030
- Cumulative 18.2% (unconditional) to 71% (conditional) reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 compared to the reference scenario, equivalent to a cumulative reduction of about 41,700 GgCO2e (unconditional) to 162,000 GgCO2e (conditional) 2015-2030Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030
- 0.403 MtCO2e by 2030Waste: Waste: General | Target year: 2030
- Reduce 24.342 MtCO2e by 2030LULUCF: LULUCF/Forestry: General | Target year: 2030
- 1.840 MtCO2e by 2030Energy: Energy: General | Target year: 2030