Agricultural Sector Plan for mitigation and adaptation to climate change and for the consolidation of a low carbon economy in agriculture (Plan ABC)
The Agricultural sector plan for mitigation and adaptation to climate change, called Plan ABC, aims to promote to promote the mitigation of GHG emissions in agriculture by improving the efficiency in the use of natural resources, increasing the resilience of productive systems and rural communities and enabling the adaptation of the agricultural sector to climate change.
The plan is organised into 7 programmes:
- Recovery of Degraded Pastures;
- Agricultural-Livestock-Forest (iLPF) and Systems Integration Agroforestry (SAFs)
- Direct Planting System (SPD);
- Biological Nitrogen Fixation (BNF);
- Planted Forests;
- Treatment of animal waste
- Adaptation to Climate Change.