Economic and Social Development Plan - PDES 2021-2025
- 8.1. Strengthen the comprehensive and sustainable management of forests as a strategic resource, promoting the protection of areas with a forestry vocation.
- 8.2.Promote mitigation, adaptation and monitoring actions for climate change, with effective response measures to its impacts in harmony and balance with mother earth.
- 8.3.Promote life systems with a healthy, protected and balanced environment in harmony with Mother Earth.
- 8.4. Promote the system of protected areas, wetlands, bofedales, as part of the country's natural heritage.
- 8.5. Strengthen the integrated management of surface and groundwater resources to achieve water security.
The plan also seeks to guarantee food security and sovereignty, with a specific focus on indigenous populations. It promotes productive capacities and potentialities, under comprehensive management of basins (water), air, soil, forest resources, flora, fauna, risk management and adaptation to climate change based on the formulation of a Plan with a Comprehensive Management approach of their Territories.
The plan further calls for an increase in renewable energy capacity.