Environmental Planning and Protection Act, 2019
- Part I - Preliminary
- Part II - Administration
- Part III - Environmental Plans and Policies
- Part IV - Environmental Protection
- Part V - Spills, Accidental Releases and Environmental Restoration
- Part VI - Environmental Information, Research, Education and Training
- Part VII - Compliance and Enforcement
- Part VIII - Offences and Penalties
- Part IX - Miscellaneous
The objects of the Act are set out in section 3 (part I). Notably, one of the objects is to develop a robust climate change regime that applies adaptation and mitigation technologies to address vulnerabilities.
Section 5 establishes the Department of Environmental Planning and Protection (part II). Section 38 (part vi) establishes an Environmental Registry.