Andorra 2022 NDC Update, Nationally Determined Contribution from Andorra in 2022
The purpose of this Law is to modify the legislative texts that, directly or indirectly, regulate the development of agriculture and livestock and to adapt them in order to favor the development and diversification of these activities and facilitate the generational transition , in order to ensure its durability. It also aims to create a legislative framework that is condu...
According to article 1, this law aims to promote the transition towards a circular economy, moving from a linear economy to a more efficient and sustainable economic model that optimises the use of natural resources, minimises environmental impacts, promotes efficiency in achieving that products and resources maintain utility and value as long as possible and avoid materia...
The 2022 budget law's article 15 creates within the state budget a Green Fund ("Fons verd") for the energy transition and the fight against climate change. It is aimed at helping plans or actions that could meet objectives set out in framework law 21/2018 (Litecc). The Green Fund is financed through 1) final taxes, including a carbon tax and a tax on vehicle ownership, 2) ...
According to Andorra's 2022 NDC, the Andorran Strategy for Environmental Education for Sustainability (Learn for the Future) was approved in 2022, prepared in a participatory manner with the sectors, agents involved and young people, and approved by the Government of Andorra for Horizon 2030. This strategy is aligned with the international, Pyrenean and national objectives...
Targets (27)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Carbon neutrality by 2050Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: National energy strategy against climate change
- Reduce annual unabsorbed greenhouse gas emissions in relation to the Business as usual scenario by a minimum of 37% over the 2030 horizon.Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2030Source: Law 21/2018, of 13 September, on the promotion of the energy transition and climate change
- 55% (193.73 Gg CO2eq) reduction in 2030 compared to the BAU scenario Net zero by 2050 "Se mantiene y refuerza así el compromiso ya adquirido en la primera actualización de la NDC a largo plazo para el 2050, buscando la neutralidad en carbono, es decir el equilibrio entre las emisiones y las absorciones para el año 2050."Economy-wide: Economy Wide | Target year: 2050
- Reduce the annual unabsorbed emissions of greenhouse gases in relation to the Business as usual scenario, by a minimum of 37% by 2030.Economy-wide | Target year: 2030Source: Law 21/2018, of 13 September, on the promotion of the energy transition and climate change
- Reduce the national energy intensity by a minimum of 20% by 2030, and by a minimum of 30% by 2050, in relation to the 2010 base year.Economy-wide | Target year: 2050Source: Law 21/2018, of 13 September, on the promotion of the energy transition and climate change