Executive Decree No. 10-258 establishing the powers of the Minister of Planning and the Environment
Authorizes the Minster to:
- develop and implement national strategies for sustainable development and the environment;
- planning the incremental evolution of cities and the distribution of equipment, activities, and the population;
- identifying the optimal use of infrastructure and the national potential relative to the preservation and promotion of vulnerable coasts, mountains, steppes and border areas;
- to develop and implement rules and measures to protect against environmental degradation and to conserve natural resources;
- to design and implement cross-sector strategies and action plans relative to global concerns such as climate change, the protection of biodiversity, the protection of the ozone layer, and environmental impacts; and
- to develop and promulgate rules and regulations consistent with this section.
The above list is not exhaustive of the duties outlined in this decree.